Tuesday, November 11, 2014

June 16th 2014 chase video of Pilger twin tornadoes!

I have finally bought the equipment needed to be able to transfer over my video from my camera to my computer so I can edit and upload the content.
My first chase that I wanted to upload and edit was of course my video from this day's chase. I had almost 60 minutes of video recorded from this day that I have cut down to about 27 minutes.
A couple of observations:
1) The video definitely isn't some of my finest. There are times where I am thinking, what the heck was I doing there when the camera shot is not pointing anywhere close to the tornado? I guess I was just trying to do a million things at once, including times where I was trying to take still pictures as well as video.
2) I have seen tons of other videos from this day and a lot of them have closer shots of the tornadoes. I then immediately get disappointed that I didn't get closer. It's funny though, when everything was happening on this day, I don't ever really remember thinking I wasn't close enough or I need to get closer. I felt like I was close enough. I don't know if it was a conscious decision to not get closer because I didn't want to feel any more unsafe or not. It seemed like tornadoes and circulations were wanting to form almost anywhere under the storm. Another possible thought that was probably in the back of my mind was of the chasers that were killed in 2013 from the El Reno tornado. Dying while chasing isn't something I really want to do!
So with all that being said, here's the video. Make sure to switch the video settings to 1080p for HD if the video doesn't automatically start playing that way. Enjoy!

Pilger twin tornadoes

No comments:

Post a Comment